FSSAI Food License
FSSAI RegistrationFSSAI is an abbreviation used for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI license is mandatory before starting any food business. All the manufacturers, traders, restaurants who are involved in food business must obtain a 14-digit registration or a license number which must be printed on food packages.
This step is taken by governments food licensing & registration system to ensure that food products undergo certain quality checks, thereby reducing the instances of adulteration, substandard products and improve accountability of manufacturers by issuing food service license. FSSAI Online Registration is done through BLI (FSSAI license consultants). FSSAI online registration is done through BLI for basic and central level. For state, the Fssai registration is done through offline mode.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Procedure For Online FSSAI Registration
Complete our Simple Form
Send your Documents
FSSAI Licence Issued
Documents Required For Company Registration
Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
Copy of Property paper (If owned property)
Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
Additional documents for Manufacturer
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit.
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
Steps for getting the FSSAI license
- Fill FSSAI food license registration form A on FSSAI website and make the payment for FSSAI application at the FBO nearby your locality.
- Once the payment confirmation is reflected in your FSSAI account, you need to file Form B with the government. There are multiple declarations and resolutions that need to be filed with your application. E.g., board resolution, owner self-declaration. These declarations should ideally be prepared by a company secretary.
- You will then need to follow-up with the government department for an update on your application. The government may send back your application for edits – if you fail to respond with 15 days of the application, then your application will be rejected.
- The government department will take 45-60 working days to completely review your application and approve the same. Else, you can hire BLI for getting the FSSAI license for you. We get license issued in 98% of our cases and save our customers from all the government hassles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1How do i renew my FSSAI registration?
FSSAI license can be renewed 30 days before the expiry of original license. You need to provide your current license number to LegalRaasta team. We will re-file the Form A and form B for renewal of the application / license. It typically takes 30-40 for renewal of the license. The government fee is same for renewal as for new license issue.
2I have manufacturng units in multiple states, will i be required to get a common licence for the company or an individual license for each unit?
You will need a Central License for the registered office of your company and individual state licenses for each manufacturing unit in particular states.
3I import food items for sale in India, Do i need a license from FSSAI?
Yes, you will be required to obtain a central license from the address contained in Import Export Code. For import export FSSAI central license is mandatory.
4Is it mandatory for 100% export units to get FSSAI licensing?
Yes, FSSAI license is mandatory for both export and import of food products. You will need to apply for FSSAI Central License for your export unit.
5We manufacture only food additives, Do i need a license from FSSAI too?
Yes, FSSAI license for food activities of any kind including manufacturing, trading, distribution and transportation. Therefore, you shall need a license from FSSAI too.
6Will license be required for a catering establishment that comes under the Central Government?
Yes, all catering establishments, even those under central Government such as Railways, Airport, Seaport, and Defense etc. will have to get a license from FSSAI. In most cases, such establishments need to get FSSAI central license.
7What will be the license formality if warehouses are in more than one place but within the same locality (same municipality and same city)?
Even if the warehouses are located in the same city but different location then a separate license for each location is required. However, if multiple warehouses are on the same campus, a single license is applicable with campus address.
8How to get a license for restaurant?
The process for getting restaurant license or catering license is similar to the other licenses.Sit back and let Indian Finlaw makes your work easy by getting fssai restaurant license for you;All you need to do is fill food license form online and send documents. Within 20-40 working days we will mail you the fssai license status/food license status and there you go, you will get your food and safety license without taking much pain.