Import Export Code
NowCall for Price
Advantages Of Private Limited Company?
- Taking your services or products to the international market will enlarge your businesses. IEC enable you to sell products outside India.
- On the basis of IEC, companies or firms can benefits and subsidies their exports/ imports from DGFT, Customs and export promotion council..
- Once you are done with IE Code Registration and submit all the required documents, IE Code is issued for the lifetime of the entity and requires no renewal.
- IE Code does not require filing of any return. Once, an IE Code is issued there are no further procedures required to maintain validity of the IE Code.
- Even individuals who are proprietors of a business can obtain IE Code in their name. It is not necessary to incorporate a business entity for obtaining IE Code..
Features of Import Export Code
- All importers who import goods are required to register Import export code and all exporters need this code to obtain the benefits of exports.
- IEC code holder does not require filing of any returns.
- IEC Code is issued for lifetime and requires no renewal
- Even individuals who are proprietors can obtain the code in their name.It is not necessary to setup a business for the same.
What is Import Export Code ?IEC(Import Export Code) is known as many names such as importer exporter code, import export code, import export license, import export number, IE code, IEC license, IE license etc. In simple terms, IE CODE NO. is a 10 digit code which is provided by DGFT required for import export transactions. You can take IE code in your personal name or company name.
An IEC number issued to applicant shall be valid for all its divisions/ units/ factories/ branches. IEC is valid for lifetime and there is no need to renew the same.
What Is Included In Our Package?
Completion of registration
Procedure For Company Registration
Complete our Simple Form
License Sent by Coriour
IEC Documents In Respect Of Individual / Proprietor / Partner / Director
Copy of PAN Card
Passport size photograph
Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card
Authorization letter (In case of Partnership)
Authority from other Directors on letter head (In case of company)
Copy of Partnership deed (In case of Partnership)
Board Resolution/self declaration (In case of Company)
Telephone Bill in the name of the Individual (In case of individual)
Cancelled cheque of individual
Steps to Apply Import Export Code
- Application Preparation : In order to get code an application must be made in the Aayaat Niryaat Form 2A format to the DGFT in that region where the registered office of the company is established. Government has also arranged online filing facility for obtaining IEC CODE ONLINE.
- Application Processing : Details of the business and its proprietors, directors or partners, bank account details and a bank certificate are the basic requirements of ANF 2A. All the required documents for IEC need to be submitted with ANF 2A. Digital signature is required on the ANF2A form.
- IEC fee payment :Once the application if complete, it should be filed with DGFT and an application fee need to be paid to the government. IEC department may send back your application for correction / change. You need to reply back to the DGFT in 15 days.
- IE Code Issuance :Once the application is completely verified by the department, the Directorate General of Foreign Trade will allot an IE Code for your business. This IE code comes in both soft copy and hard copy. You receive the softcopy via email and can start the import export transaction with this.
Frequently Asked Questions
1Who must obtain Import Export Code Registration?
Any person who intends to import or export goods and services from or to India must obtain Import export Code, one can apply ie code online and get their IE code certicicate or IE code license online.
2Is there any tax levied on Import Export Code?
No, tax is not levied on Import Export Code. However, custom duty maybe levied. Custom duty depends to the category of the products imported or exported. This can be found at the custom departments’ website.
3What is the time taken to acquire Import Export Code?
After submitting all the requisite documents IEC is typically allotted by DGFT in 5-10 days. It is not necessary to show proof of any import or export to obtain IE Code. Now a days, as IEC can we partially applied online with the help of digital signature, IEC can be obtained in less than a week.
4How can i get a duplicate IEC Certificate Online?
If you have taken IEC Certificate in new process e-IEC online, then you can download your certificate any time by login into the IEC portal with your username details. But if you had taken your IEC in physical process, you have to re-apply for e-IEC with all the documents and DGFT will provide you certificate in new online format.
5How do i modify my IEC license?
If you or a company wants to modify any details in IEC license, then you can do it online in your IEC application. IEC modification required resubmitting the application with the DGFT once again with all the required documents. Also, IEC modification fee needs to be submitted with the department.
6Are any monthly returns required to be filed under Import Export Code?
IEC is only a license permitting the import and export of goods. Therefore, no return is required to be filed under IEC code.