Call for Price
Register for GST online for Free* and stay ahead on GST Compliance!
GST is a tax registration mandatory for all businesses in India meeting ANY of these conditions:
- Annual Sales greater than Rs. 20 Lakh
- Making sales outside your own state
- E-commerce Seller
Benefits of Registration under GST
- authorized to collect taxes from his customers and pass on the credit of the taxes paid to them.
- can claim Input Tax Credit of taxes paid to his suppliers and can utilize the same for payment of taxes due
- Seamless flow of Input Tax Credit from suppliers to recipients at the national level.
What is GST Registration?GST refers to Goods and Services Tax which subsumes all taxes such as Sales tax, Service tax, Excise duty etc. into GST. GST registration is required primarily if your annual sales are more than Rs. 20 Lakh. Even if your sales are less than Rs. 20 Lakh, we suggest that you voluntarily opt for GST registration because:
- You will not get any tax refunds on purchases (e.g. if you buy goods worth Rs 1 lakh in a year, and tax rate is 28% – you will lose tax refund of Rs. 28,000).
- You cannot sell outside your state
Who all need GST Registration?
The registration in GST is PAN based and State specific. Supplier has to register in each such State or Union territory from where he effects supply if he fulfills any of the following conditions:
- Having an annual aggregate turnover from all-India operations which is above the threshold limit of Rs. 20 Lakhs (Rs. 10 Lakhs for North-Eastern States).
- Currently registered under any of the earlier indirect tax regimes (VAT, Excise Laws, Service Tax Laws) irrespective of the threshold limit.
- Having branches in multiple states or multiple business verticals in one state.
- Making any supply to other states.
- Required to pay tax under Reverse Charge (In case your supplier is not registered under GST).
- Required to deduct tax at source or an Input Service Distributor.
- Agents of a supplier.
- Supplying goods or services through E-commerce Operator.
- E-commerce Operator / Aggregator who supplies goods or services under his brand name (e.g. Flipkart, Amazon, Ola).
- Supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
What’s included in our package?
GST Certificate with ARN and GSTIN Number
GST HSN Codes with Rates
GST Invoice Formats
GST Return Filing Software
GST Registration Process (on Government Portal)
GST Registration will give the following advantages to a taxpayer.
- Go to the Government GST Portal and look for Registration Tab.
- Fill PAN, Mobile No., E-mail ID and State in Part-A of Form GST REG-01 of GST Registration.
- You will receive a temporary reference number on your Mobile and via E-mail after OTP verification.
- You will then need to fill Part-B of Form GST REG-01 duly signed (by DSC or EVC) and upload the required documents specified according to the business type.
- An acknowledgment will be generated in Form GST REG-02.
- In case of any information sought from you and intimated to you in Form GST REG-03, you may need to visit the department and clarify or produce the documents within 7 working days in Form GST REG-04.
- The office may also reject your application if they find any errors. You will be informed about this in Form GST REG-05.
- Finally, a certificate of registration in Finally, a certificate of registration will be issued to you by the department after verification and approval in Form GST REG-06.
Documents for Registration
- PAN Card of owner/ directors/ partners.
- Bill of Electricity/ Telephone, Rent Agreement or Letter of Consent (NOC).
- MOA/ AOA or Partnership Deed
- Letter of Authorisation for signatory.
- Bank statement/ Cancelled Cheque.
- Aadhaar Card of owners/ directors/ partners.
What is GSTIN?
- The first 2 digits of the 15 digit GSTIN will represent the state code. For example: 01 for Jammu and Kashmir, 02 for Himachal Pradesh, 03 for Punjab, etc.
- The next 10 digits will be the PAN of person or entity engaged in Business.
Frequently Asked Questions
1Who is exempted from requirement to get GST Registration?
GST Registration is not mandatory for persons who :
- Supply agricultural produce from cultivation.
- Make only exempt supplies (Nil Rated or Non-Taxable supplies) of goods or services.
- Make supplies which are entirely covered under reverse charge.
2Can a person get voluntarily registered under GST even though he is not liable?
Yes, a person can get registered voluntarily under GST in terms of sub-section (3) of section 25. All the provisions will apply to him as they apply to a registered person.
3Is cancellation of GST Registration Certificate possible?
Registration can be cancelled in 2 scenarios:
- When the taxable person wishes to voluntarily cancel his GST registration.
- When the proper officer, on default by the taxable person, moves to cancel the GST registration on his own motion. This may be when the person is not doing business from his declared registered place of business or if he issues tax invoice without making the supply of goods or services.
4What is the procedure to seek cancellation of GST Registration Certificate?
The taxable person has to apply on the common portal within 30 days. He will declare in the application, the stock held on that date, amount of dues and credit reversal and particulars of payments made towards discharge of such liabilities. If satisfied, the proper officer will cancel the registration within 30 days.
5Is amendment in GST Registration Certificate possible?
A taxable person can on his own, at the common portal, make amendments in some information without prior approval like e-mail IDs, mobile numbers etc. But in the case of following changes he will have to apply for amendment within 15 days: Legal name of the business. State of place of business or additional place of business.
6What is Aggregate Turnover?
Aggregate Turnover is the total value of : Taxable supplies including exports and inter-state supplies (excluding inward supplies on which tax is payable on reverse charge basis). Exempt supplies
7Can i apply for a single central GST registration if i have branches in different states?
No, there is no concept of a central GST registration. Every PAN holder will have one GSTIN per State.Therefore, an entity having its branches in more than one state will have to take separate state wise registrations for each of its branches in different states even if they hold a single PAN.
8Do i have to take separate GST registrations for multiple branches within the same state?
An entity will have a single registration in each state for each PAN. Therefore, it can list only one place as its principal place of business and show all the other branches as additional places of business in that state. However, an entity can obtain separate registrations if in case it has separate business verticals within the state.
9Who is a Casual taxable person?
A Casual taxable person is one who has a registered business in some State in India, but wants to effect supplies from some other State in which he is not having any fixed place of business. Such person needs to register in the State from where he seeks to supply as a Casual taxable person.
10Who is a Non-Resident taxable person?
A Non-Resident taxable person is one who is a foreigner and occasionally wants to effect taxable supplies from any State in India, and for that he needs GST registration.
11What are the provisions related to registration for Casual Taxable Person and Non-Resident Taxable person?
They have to apply for registration at least 5 days in advance before making any supply.The Registration Certificate issued is valid for a period of 90 days which can be extended. Further, they are granted registration or extension of period only after they deposit estimated tax liability.