One Person Company Registration
What is an OPC?A One Person Company is a company with a single member.It was introduced by the Companies Act, 2013. OPC extends the concept of limited liability to a company run by a single person. It is similar in respects to a private limited company with certain differences like fewer compliances and relaxation of certain restrictions. Thus, an OPC is subject to all the provisions of the Act like a private limited company unless expressly excluded.
What is Included In Our OPC Registration Package?
DIN for 1 Director
Digital Signature For 1 Director
Company Pan Card
Procedure For Company Registration
Complete our Simple Form
Obtain DSC and DPIN from us
Verification and Name Approval
Your work is completed
Documents Required For Company Registration
Copy of PAN Card of owner
Passport size photograph of owner
Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card
Copy of Rent agreement (If rented property)
Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
Steps for Incorporation of OPC
- Step 1. Obtain DSC and DIN : The proposed directors must obtain a Digital Signature Certificate(DSC) from 8 authorised DSC makers.
- Step 2. Reservation of name : An application for the reservation of a suitable name must be made in Form No. INC-1..
- Step 3. Entrenchment Provisions :In case the articles of association contain provisions for entrenchment, the company must inform the Registrar of such provisions in Form No.INC-2 at the time of incorporation of the company or in case of existing companies (by amendment of the articles of association), the same must be filed in Form No.MGT-14 within 30 days from the date of entrenchment of the articles.
- Step 4. Articles of Association :Model articles of association have been provided in Tables F, G, H, I and J of Schedule I, as are applicable, and can be adopted by a company either in totality or otherwise.
- Step 5. Application for incorporation of OPC : An application must be filed, with the Registrar of Companies(ROC) within whose jurisdiction the registered office of the company is proposed to be situated, in Form No.INC-2.
- Step 6. Signing of Memorandum and Articles of Association :The MOA and AOA of the company must be signed by the sole member who is also the subscriber to the memorandum, who must give details of his name, address, description and occupation, if any, in the presence of at least one witness who must also attest the signature and must also sign and give his details..
- Step 7. Affidavit of Subscriber and the director : The affidavit must be submitted by sole member who has subscribed to the memorandum and named in the articles in Form No.INC-9.
- Step 8. Particulars of Subscriber :The sole member must file the particulars of subscription with the Registrar at the time of incorporation.
- Step 9. Nomination by the sole member :
1. The subscriber to the memorandum of a One Person Company must nominate a person, after obtaining prior written consent of such person, who shall, in the event of the subscriber’s death or his incapacity to contract, become the member of that One Person Company..
2. The name of the person nominated shall be mentioned in the memorandum of One Person Company and such nomination in Form No INC-2 along with consent of such nominee obtained in Form No INC-3.
- Step 10. Declaration by professionals The declaration by an Advocate, a Chartered Accountant, a Cost accountant or Company Secretary in practice shall be in Form No. INC-8.
Online Filing of OPC : The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has issued an integrated incorporation form INC-32. So now, an OPC can be incorporated online by filling the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically (SPICe) form in Form INC-32 (using Digital Signature Certificate of the Director)along with (eMOA) in Form INC-33 and (eAOA) in Form INC-34.
Minimum Requirements For Company Registration
- Minimum 2 Shareholders
- Minimum 2 Directors are required
- Minimum 1 Lac Share Capital
- DPIN for all the Directors
- At-least one Designated partner should be an Indian Resident
Frequently Asked Questions
1How many people are required to start One Person Company?
At least one nominee is required to start an OPC who can act as shareholder as well as director.
2Who can be a member in One Person Company?
Any individual/organization can become the member of One person company including foreigners/NRI’s.
3For incorporation of One Person Company do i have to be present in person?
The entire procedure is 100% online and you don’t have to be present at our office or any other office for incorporation. A scanned copy of documents has to be sent via mail.
4Are there any other payments to be made for incorporation certificate in addition to fee paid at the time of registration?
There is absolutely no other payment. Our charges are inclusive of everything. We will send you an invoice with no hidden charges. Our team provides you support till you get your bank account.
5How much money do i need to invest upfront to start the business?
You need to have a bank account with a minimum balance. This could be as little as Rs. 5000. You don’t need to invest any more capital to start the business.
6Should i incorporte a Private Limited Co. Instead?
A lot of people considering an OPC registration go with the private limited company structure because it is mandatory to convert an OPC to a private or public limited company if turnover is over Rs. 2 crore or paid up capital is over 50 Lakhs.
7Do i need a proper office address to start a company?
No, you don’t need a proper office. You can even register your company at your residential address. It is perfectly legal to start the company at your home or in your garage. MCA team typically doesn’t visit your office.